Contribute to advancing robotic-assisted surgery while working for a company that respects, values, and appreciates all team members!
Why you will love working at Virtual Incision:
- Strong mission to expand access to robotic-assisted surgery, one of the most exciting fields in healthcare today.
- Company-wide dedication to clinical excellence, innovation, and teamwork
- Friendly, open, and fun culture where people genuinely like each other
- Opportunity to take ownership on exciting projects from day one.
- Career development through fast pace and an all-hands-on-deck culture
- Mentorship from some of the top industry experts
- Flexible working hours, including paid vacation and holidays.
- Healthcare programs including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- 401(k) retirement plan
Responsible for driving and managing multiple complex leading-edge R&D Medical Product Development projects for Virtual Incision. Oversee all engineering disciplines of the project and collaborate with cross functional leads for overall business success.
Position entails the end-to-end managing of projects to develop medical products delivering new innovative clinical solutions. From initial concept start until delivery, introduction in the market, stabilization, and transfer.
- Assist in definition, creation, and analysis of system requirements for new products.
- Responsible for gaining agreements on and achieving project objectives, balancing aggressive goals on schedule, investment, quality, product cost, scope, and performance requirements.
- Manages projects across multiple disciplines, technical and non-technical. Responsible for synergy between cross-functional groups.
- Identifies and manages project risks and roadblocks. Establishes strong operating mechanisms which include clear and timely communication and escalation within R&D and the business leadership team and stakeholders to resolve critical project risks.
- Ensures deliverables are met and in accordance with Quality Management System and business policies.
- Manages communication and escalations to business stakeholders.
- Leverage well developed interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive working relationships with functional groups throughout the organization.
- Develop Design History File (DHF) deliverables.
- Participate in Risk Analysis activities.
- Participate in technical design reviews.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Experienced in the process required for design and production of medical products.
- Be a cross-disciplinary team member. Excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, and electrical engineers, as well as communicating with subject-matter experts outside of these disciplines.
- Demonstrate strong execution skills. Take ownership and drive assigned projects to achieve milestones.
- BS in Engineering or similar degree
- Experience leading medical device product development programs from concept to release
- 3+ years project management experience
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-discipline engineering teams
- Experience in a regulated medical product development and manufacturing environment
- Self-driven leader that finds solutions for complex project challenges with multiple constraints
- Strong work ethics with a passion for innovation and quality