Contribute to advancing robotic-assisted surgery while working for a company that respects, values, and appreciates all team members!
Why you’ll love working at Virtual Incision:
- Strong mission to expand access to robotic-assisted surgery, one of the most exciting fields in healthcare today.
- Company-wide dedication to clinical excellence, innovation, and teamwork.
- Friendly, open, and fun culture.
- Opportunity to take ownership on exciting projects from day one.
- Career development through a fast pace and an all-hands-on-deck culture.
- Mentorship from some of the top industry experts.
- Flexible working hours, including paid vacation and holidays.
- Healthcare programs including medical, dental, and vision.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Company-paid life insurance.
- Stock options.
As the Product Director at Virtual Incision, you will have a unique opportunity to lead one of the most exciting product launches in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS) and manage the lifecycle on an ongoing basis. You will have ownership of product planning and execution in close collaboration with engineering, regulatory, operations, marketing, and sales. The Product Director will gather and prioritize customer requirements to define the product vision and ensure that it supports the overall company strategy and goals.
- Strategic planning and management of the product portfolio.
- Develop go-to-market plans and support product launches.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to define product requirements that meet business and customer needs.
- Champion the voice of customer in the development of the product roadmap and any product related activities.
- Collect user feedback through market research, trends, conferences, thought leader engagements, and customer visits.
- Identify and manage relationships with strategic partners.
- Present analyses and recommendations to leadership.
- Develop and test pricing strategies.
- Forecast revenue, supply, and demand.
- Create and track Key Performance Indicators.
- Develop and lead future sales training initiatives.
- Follow processes to comply with regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Thrive in ambiguity. The Product Director will forge new ground on an innovative approach to robotic-assisted surgery and will be empowered to adjust the roadmap as they gain new insights. Because this is a new role at Virtual Incision, the Product Director must be energized by the thought of building a new functional area and aligning their skills with the company needs.
- Influence without authority. The Product Director will be working cross-functionally to define, align, and focus teams on the market requirements and commercial strategy. Collaboration and excellent communication skills are a must.
- Lead and Execute. The Product Director will have ownership of the product lifecycle, making critical decisions and seeing them all the way through to completion. They must be able to proactively identify opportunities and risks, make recommendations, align key stakeholders, and drive to results.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
- Experience with product and program management.
- 8+ years in medical device, with experience in robotic-assisted surgery or capital equipment preferred.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Willingness to travel 20% (if living in Lincoln, NE or Milwaukee, WI) or 50% if remote.