Contribute to advancing robotic-assisted surgery while working for a company that respects, values, and appreciates all team members!
Why you will love working at Virtual Incision:
- Strong mission to expand access to robotic-assisted surgery, one of the most exciting fields in healthcare today
- Company-wide dedication to clinical excellence, innovation, and teamwork
- Friendly, open, and fun culture where people genuinely like each other
- Opportunity to take ownership on exciting projects from day one
- Career development through fast pace and an all-hands-on-deck culture
- Mentorship from some of the top industry experts
- Flexible working hours, including paid vacation and holidays
- Healthcare programs including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 410(k) retirement plan
As a Machine Learning (ML) Engineer at Virtual Incision, you will be part of a team that is designing, prototyping, testing, and producing innovative miniature surgical robots that advance the field of surgery. You will work on projects from conception to manufacture, collaborating with electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, scientists, surgeons, vendors, and other subject-matter experts to ensure our work continues to enhance patient outcomes while providing excellent value for our customers. The focus of the role will be to create and apply artificial intelligence in our platform to improve efficiency and safety.
- Work cross-functionally to identify potential areas where machine learning capabilities may improve our platform, assist end users, and generate actionable objectives.
- Design, implement, and test machine learning solutions to achieve objectives.
- Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms, train, and fine-tune models, and perform statistical analysis on results.
- Maintain existing ML models and services, and continuously improve and extend them.
- Collaborate with other engineers to conduct system integration and tests.
- Deploy and scale models to production.
- Work with cloud infrastructure like Azure to configure, deploy, monitor, and maintain resources associated with ML systems.
- Documenting ML process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree in related field will be advantageous.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a machine learning engineer.
- Proficiency with Python, and basic machine learning and computer vision libraries.
- Proficiency with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch.
- Experience in deep learning for object detection and tracking, video analysis, action recognition, and multimodal learning is preferred.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational abilities.